The PR-740 (spectral range 380 - 780 nm) and PR-745 (spectral range 380 – 1080 nm) SpectraScan spectroradiometers have the two most wanted attributes of any light measuring instrument - superior sensitivity and speed. For the PR-740, the minimum measureable luminance is 0.000005 footlamberts (0.000015 cd/m2). For the pr-745, 0.0000025 footlamberts (0.0000075 cd/m2). These two world-class instruments also introduce a new feature to the SpectraScan line - variable spectral bandwidth. Most self-scanning spectroradiometers feature a single system bandwidth. The Variable Bandwidth option provides three bandwidths, selected from the instrument menu or from a PC using Remote Mode Commands or SpectraWin 2 software. Bandwidth sizes include 2, 4 and 8 nm for the PR-740 or 4, 8 and 14 nm for the PR-745. This option is useful when it is necessary to resolve the spectral profile of narrow band sources with more precision (using a smaller bandwidth) or get more throughput for broadband sources (using a larger bandwidth) without changing instruments or measuring spot size.
Easy to Use
The high-resolution, full color touch screen display provides both an easy means of negotiating through instrument setup menus and of viewing measured results, including a full-color Spectral Power Distribution (SPD) graph of the measured sample.
A wide selection of interfacing options, USB, RS232 and Bluetooth wireless, adds convenience and ease when communicating with and controlling the PR-74ol745. With the Bluetooth option, the instrument will communicate for up to 100 feet (30.5 m) away from the base - ideal for situations where cabling is not possible.
Variable Spectral Bandwidth
The PR-740/745 introduces a new feature to the SpectraScan line - variable spectral bandwidth. One of 3 bandwidth settings (2. 5 or 8 nm for the PR-740 or 4, 8 and 14 nm for the PR-745) can be selected regardless of the measuring aperture being used. This lets the user change the bandwidth without changing apertures - or instruments.
The PR-740/745 provides unsurpassed flexibility with the world's largest selection of optical accessories. It is the only instrument in its class that can measure radiance/luminance, irradiance/illuminance, radiant flux/lumens and radiant intensity/candelas simply by changing accessories.
Remote Mode software makes it possible to control the PR-740/745 from a custom application as easy as sending and receiving text characters over any of the available interfaces. SpectraWin 2 is a full Windows based executable that makes measurements, graphically displays results and has powerful data manipulation capabilities.
An RGB Display Cal Module can be added to SpectraWin 2 that provides an interactive method of calibrating displays or digital projectors.
User Self Calibration Software is available if you wish to calibrate your instrument in-house. It can be a great time and money saver especially when several instruments are involved.
Other features include:
- Virtually no instrument polarization error or stray light
- Up to 8 automated measuring apertures on a single instrument
- Communication over USB, R8232 and Bluetooth (wireless) interfaces
- A full-color touch screen display
- SD card measurement storage for menu navigation and measured data presentation
- Both instruments feature the patented AutoSync feature insuring accurate results regardless of the refresh or backlight characteristics of the device under test by optimizing the measurement to the temporal characteristics of the device.
- If portability is important, an optional Li-ion battery is available that provides more than 8 hours of continuous use. The PR-740 / 745 are the only instruments in their class that offers this versatility.